Child is slow and lazy in all activities, low mental ability. Who can treat him effectively, mentally and physically?

Actually Dr. my son is of 10yrs. but still he is so slow and show laziness in his all activities like-eating,writing,speaking,playing,study etc. His mentall ability in predicting things are too bad. He is unable to understand the difference b/w living and non-living things. I mean he believes that cartoons and what he watch in movies(spiderman,batman etc) are the real things and they also exist.As a mother i always worried about him and I think he really needs a good Doctor who can guide him not only physically but mentally also....... plzzz replyy.....
Asked On : Fri, 6 Apr 2012
Pediatrician, Surgery 's  Response
Thank you for your query
Firstly you need to get rid of your anxiousness. Many children go through this phase and eventually turn out to be perfectly normal and socially adept. So you don't need to bother yourself or your child too much. How is the weight of your child. If he is on the overweight side, encourage him in outdoor sports. Whatever he likes. You or his father will have indulge in it yourself to encourage him. Give him a good balanced diet and promote him following a good sleep schedule. Sometimes children who indulge in a lot of television and late night viewing show these symptoms. These things should help. Encourage creative activities like painting, music, dance, arts etc. Don't force him to excel in academic issues. Give him space. He should turn out all fine. For more help you can contact a child psychologist.
Hope that helps
God bless you