Child is frequently vomiting, uneasy due to gas. What is the problem?

My six year old son frequently has been frequently vomitting from the last 2 years. Vomitting is quite frequent almost two times a week, he had colic troubles as a infant. I have seen that if we have travelled more on a day he is likely to vomit, he mostly feels very uneasy atleast 30 mins before the vomit, he rubs abdominal area as though there is a gas that is stuck there. He feels difficulty in taking larger chunks of food, chews for a long time before gulping, eats very slowly. Suspected GERD and provided medicenes but do not see much results. I am worried that his growth will get affected due to lack of nutrition, what might be the problem here?
Asked On : Wed, 15 Aug 2012