Child is constantly hungry, hard tummy. Taken antibiotics for giardia. Floating stools. Are we missing something?

i have a niece who is constantly hungry but her tummy is very hard and starts at the ribs down. She seems a bit unchildlike at times but this could be because shes an only child. I m worried she is fighting something noone is seeing. Her mum has recently had her diagnosed with giardia and two doses of antibiotics have been given. I dont believe the problem is beeing treated properly as her tummy is still very hard. Her stool today was very porous/ floaty and she has no problem doing a n.o two twice a day. i m sure she has had something going on since she was a baby. i feel we are all missing something.
Asked On : Tue, 12 Mar 2013