Child is anxious and combative when going for medical visits. How to deal with it?

My 8-year-old daughter is due to see the doctor again in a few days for a follow-up appointment for wart removal. The last appt was a nightmare; she was extremely anxious and combative. She is an otherwise physically and emotionally healthy child, but when it comes to anything medical, she gets somewhat out of control. I ve had this experience at the eye doctor (for dilation), at the dentist and at the pediatrician s office. I m at a loss as to how to deal with the upcoming appointment. Do I talk about it in advance? Do I do a sneak attack ? Any advice you can offer will be most appreciatedn
Asked On : Sun, 12 Aug 2012