Child is Autistic. Showing signs of confusion and eye pain. Had increased Divalproex to 750 mg. Related?

I have a 15 year old son who is autistic the doctor increased his divalproex to 750 mg... he is showing signs of confusion and complaining about his eyes hurting. He has even started putting a cold wet rag on his eyes...He also started staring up, like he can t control his eyes. It is like he can t even hear me call his name. I have to scream his name 4 or 5 times before he answers me... in your opinion is this too much for his system??
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013