Child hurt head, swelling on skull, tender, headache, no nausea or vomiting. Should I go to ER?

My 7yr old son went to do a back dive into the pool when I wasn t looking and landed on the back part of his head, the base of his skull 1st then his body. He has swelling on the left side back bottom side of his skull and tender to touch. He hasn t complained of a headache only that his head/neck hurt to move it. Pupils are fine, eyes follow the light just fine. No nausea or vomiting . I m not sure if I should take him to the ER or see how he does throughout the night into the morning. We ve been icing it and I gave him ibprofen.
Asked On : Sun, 1 Jul 2012