Child hit is right side of forehead, has swelling. Is it common to have swelling?

Hi my 4 year old ran into a storage trailer yesterday on his 4 wheeler and he hit the right side of his forhead above his eye. As soon as he hit it it was very soft and immediately started getting big like a golf ball. So we put ice on it and it went down a little. Today it looks smaller but in betwee hen his eyes going down his nose is swollen.he acts the same running around and playing and is eating fine so should i take him to the doctor?
Asked On : Sun, 30 Dec 2012