Child hit her head after falling. Badly bruised, swollen above eye socket. Any home remedy?

My daughter is 2 years and 4 months old she fell and hit her head on a mantel. It s right above the eye socket and is bruised badly and swollen. She has a fever of 99.9 and is tired but did not nap today due to playing with cousins. I am wondering if I should take her in to the er or monitor her through the night. She has been around family that is sick so I am wondering if her fever could have anything to do with a head injury? Anything I can do at home to help? I don t mind going to the er if nessasary but would like to avoid exposing her to more germs if at all possible.
Asked On : Mon, 31 Dec 2012