Child hit head, swelling, no bleeding. What do I need to look for?

It is about my son...he is 5 and fell from bed and hit his head on the cherry wood bed frame really hard...It appears not to have broke the skin...I put ice on it and I don t see noticeable swelling ...however he hit low on the back of the head/ neck area...I had him stand and turn his head both ways and up and down...but what do I need to look for? He s not crying, not bleeding but doesn;t want to sit up and looks like he is trying to pop his jaw ??
Asked On : Sat, 22 Sep 2012