Child hit head, bump on forehead, applied ice. Anything to worry about?

my 8 month old daugther fell on the corner of the bathroom countertop. She has a bump on her forehead . Is this anything I need to worry about? I have been icicing it on and off for 20 minutes. She cried for awhile and then eventually calmed down with soothing music and nursing. How should I treat this and what should I worry about since its near to her soft spot?
Asked On : Tue, 2 Oct 2012
If the child did not lose consciousness for sometime immediately or has not started vomiting it is unlikely there is any problem. The bump is probably due to inflammatory swelling or small collection of blood which should subside within a few days. If the soft soft is not bulging and the child is active and playful there is nothing to worry. You may give medicines for pain after consulting a doctor.