Child hit eye. Bruised, cut, swollen. Go to emergency?

My son hit his right eye on a slide at school and accidentally bruised and got a little cut. It was bleeding for about an hour and has Swollen a bit. I had cleaned it with alcohol swabs and put neosporin and pit those little butterfly closures on it I had gone to urgent care but they had turned me away and wanted me to go to the emergency room because the cut was so low almost where the eyelashes meet...is there anything else I should do or do you think I should go to the emergency room? I jut didn t want to waste my time there and the n really they won t tell me anything different than what I have already done.
Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013
Pediatrician, Surgery 's  Response
Hello
Thank you for placing your query with Health Care Magic
I suggest you take your son to the ER. The cuts may be very close to the eye and it may require suturing. That's probably why they have sent you to the ER. The first aid measures you have taken is perfectly alright. He may also require a tetanus shot and some antibiotics. And even if they don't tell anything more, you can be assured that nothing more to do. You would not want to miss anything. For the swelling you need to put some warm compresses and some analgesics will help.
Hope that helped solve your query
God bless you

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.