Child having wheezing problem for years. Use levolin, flohale inhaler. Safe? Family history of asthma

I am rajesh from Bangalore. My son is 8 year old and has problem of wheezing intermittently for the past 4-5 years. He gets it usually during nights. It has never been severe and we use levolin thrice a day, two puffs each time. Is this dosage ok? We were using a nebulizer before. Now a doctor has suggested flohale inhaler-twice daily, one puff. Is it safe? Any side effects? The boy is normal in all respects and has no other problems. Kindly advice. I too had asthma when I was a child and so did my father (he has now) and grandfather.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013