Child having welts all over body. Returns when medication wear off. Cause for its sudden onset?

My 5 yr daughter has all the sudden developed huge welts all over her body. It looks like when you get a spider bite but doesn t actually have the bite mark. I m used to seeing hives , rash types but not usally welts like this. and it doesn t just happen in one is all over. She hasnt had any new foods, detergents or scents etc. Benadryl helps to relieve the flair up but when the medication wears off the welts come back. It is getting better now that we are on day three. I was just curious as to what might be the cause of the sudden onset of the welts- hives and rashes are common skin conditions Thanks
Asked On : Sun, 11 Nov 2012