Child having viral infection, sore throat. Not eating food,tongue having yellow coating. Possible reason?

My 15 month old son has had a sore throat , the dr said it is a viral infection. He appears to be getting better, has more life to him but he won t eat anything, he is drinking milk & water but has not eaten more than a mouthful a day since Wednesday. I have noticed today that his tongue has got a yellow coating on it and his breath is awful, smells almost metally? Should I take him to GP again or is this part of the recovery from the infection? Thanks
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013