Child having upset stomach. Treated with enterogermina, zinc supplement. Again suffering. Due to some food?

Hi, my son is 1.5 yrs, from last one month his stomach is very upset. Some times he passes the motions immedaitely after having food,sometimes watery stool with bad stool.One time I have given him enterogermina and zinc supplement after which he was ok for 10 days but now again he is suffering. Can you please suggest me what shall I do. Is this happening due to some food, milk or something else..Now frequency of motions is 3-4 times a day,but it is very sticky and bad odour.
Asked On : Mon, 11 Mar 2013
Dec 2012
Thanks for posting,
It seems like your son is having a bowel disorder that is likely induced by a type of food intolerance. There are numerous number of causes of persistent diarrhea or bowel disorder notably lactose or fructose intolerance (this will require that after the diarrhea is controlled at a clinic with medications, you will have to identify a food pattern that might be causing it), gastroenteritis (infections with virus, bacterial, protozoa, fungi can lead to persistent diarrhea especially if appropriate medication to eradicate either is not provided)- a need for a stool exams +/- culture might be necessary; irritable bowel syndrome (confirmed only after excluding other causes) etc.
With your description that the stool is frequent, sticky and has a bad odor drives more towards bowel infection. So there will be a need of antibiotics.

Hope this helps