Child having type1 diabetes. Had glucose, ketones in urine, blood in stool. Suggestions?

Hello. Back in June 2012,I took my vey lathargic 3yr old into the ER... He had then a bg of 308... We were admitted and told he s got type 1... He was administered insulin and responded to it. After the endo came to see us, he expressed that he wasn t sure my son actually had diabetes bc the a1c level was 4... He sent us home to monitor him... I did and for the most part, all levels were normal. In July, he spiked a fever of 104 and woke up with a bad bloody nose . They ll sugar levels were normal up until last Saturday, feb 9, 2013... He was lathargic again n slept late. His waking bc wasv42 and he had large amounts of glucose and ketones in his urine. I contd to monitor him throughout the day and he was all over the charts, lowest being 42 and highest being 261-after3hours of not eating! By 6pm, bg was in the 80s n urine was clear.... He s been normal since... Today, however, he s had large amounts of blood in his stool . We have an appt with the endo next week, just wanted another opinion... Thanks!
Asked On : Tue, 19 Feb 2013