Child having tubes in ears. Waiting to fall out. Bleeding from ear. Infection?

Hello. My name is Stephanie. I have a 3 year old son, Brenden, whos had his tubes in for 2 years. I went to the ENT this past january and they said to wait a little longer to see if theyd fall out because the tubes are not connected anymore. As of today they are both still in and ive noticed blood coming from his right ear and that it is really red. My son says his ears are not bothering him at all. Could this be an infection or should I go back to the ENT and have them removed? The ent told me last time that they would have to put him under to have them taken out and that what the doctor was trying to avoid. Please help Thank you.
Asked On : Wed, 20 Mar 2013
ENT Specialist 's  Response

Thanks for writing to H.C.M. for your query.

I have gone through your query regarding tube in the ear of your child and now he developed bleeding from his right ear.

considering your complaints in all aspects and after co-relating obervations of your doctor if grommete is being dislodge from tympanic membrain than it shoud be removed otherwise it will act as foreig body in ear canal.

Now your child have started bleeding from ear this is a sign of infection since due to grommete there may be hole in ear drum and through this hole infection may go inside i.e. in middle ear therefore it will be wise to consult an ENT doctor for better management and to avoid further complication.

Hope your query is explained.