Child having tiny spots on back, abscess on bottom, no heat rash. Cause?

My 2 year old son has little tiny red spots on his back and his pediatrician said they were from him straining from screaming. Recently had an abcess about a week ago on his bottom that he screamed when it opened finally. So she said it was from him straining because they appeared on his neck . Now they are on his back and they are not going away. I know its not heat rash because he walks around most the time without a shirt on. So what could it be?
Asked On : Fri, 15 Jun 2012