Child having tender tummy with pain at regular intervals. Having inflammation and swelling in glands. Advise?

My son keeps getting pain in his lower tummy mainly to his right hand side. It s been on and off now for quite some time. I took him to the doctor and he pressed his side and it was tender. He told me it was glands that swell and get inflamed. He always complains of his tummy. His bowel movements are normal and he goes maybe twice a day I am still worried about him as he would cry with the pain
Asked On : Sat, 3 Nov 2012