Child having swollen eyelid post bang on the head, clear vision. Cause of concern?

my son bumped heads with another kid and now my son s eyelid is swollen up like a golf ball, he can see fine, says that it doesn t hurt too bad. Should we worry?
Asked On : Mon, 19 Mar 2012
Hi Jon,

Does yor son complain of headache, vomiting/loss of consciousness(symptoms of head injury) ?Any bluish/ bluish black discoloration of the swelling? Any bleeding around the eyes or behind the ears? If any of the above symptoms are present , take him to the doctor IMMEDIATELY .

If it is just a swelling of the eyelid with no other symptoms, you can adopt a wait and watch policy and if it doesn't get better in a day or two, take your son to the doctor . Have a nice day :)