Child having sores on butt cheeks, upper thigh. Scar faded with medication. What are they?

my 6 year old woke up last week with 7 or 8 red pimple like sores on both her butt cheeks . she is a sweaty sleeper but has very good skin id never seen anything like that on her. They did not itch her but she said they were sore. I put some muciprin cream on them twice a day for 3 days and now they just look like a faded scar . they were not puss filled . Then a exactly a week later she came home from school with two more on her one upper thigh . what could these be? my sisters daughter said her 9 year old has had folliculitis since she was 3 and thats what it looks like to her? not sure if i should take her to the drs. thanks for any help ....she is also been on a lot of medication for the past year and a half for asthma and seasonal allergies , but they have never given her any issues.. the muciprin cream i used was cream from a skin infection my 2 year old had earlier this year
Asked On : Sun, 4 Nov 2012