Child having sore penis. Had balanitis. Red ring appeared around the base of penis. Should I be concerned?

Hi, my son has been suffering with his penis for around 6 months, he is 20 months old and will never let me wash or wipe it without screaming that he is sore or jus screaming through pain. He had balinitis a few months ago but I have now noticed a red ring around the base of his penis, should I be concerned? He had an appointment with a urologist mid July but noone seems interested. What could this ring be?? Thank you
Asked On : Thu, 28 Jun 2012
Thank for asking to HCM
I really appreciate your concern, looking to the history given here I could say that because of formation smegma this is might be happening and this need to be ruled out and for that you have to get done the clinical test even you can get done this test with GP. hope this information helps you, have a nice day.