Child having small purple dots on the earlobe, has mild cold, congestion and cough. Treatment required??

Hi, I just noticed my five year old has small purple dots on his ear lobe going up his ear. They are flat, very tiny dots. He seems to have a bit of a cold , caught it from the three yr. old at his babysitters house I think. He woke up with some mild congestion and a mild cough . This is very strange to me. I m googling it now, one article says it s bleeding under the skin from coughing hard or vomiting , but he s not coughing hard. Should I take him to a walk in because our pediatrician is closed on Saturdays, go figure.
Asked On : Tue, 17 Apr 2012