Child having severe nose bleed, numbness on area of fall post bad fall on back of head. Normal?

My 13 year old son fell backwards today at school and hit the back of his head on the concrete (8 hours ago). He has quite a bruise and a big lump but he said that he wasn t unconsious. He felt a bit dizzy shortly afterward and had a headache the most of the day. The school put ice on the lump and he had a lie down for an hour or so. He then felt well enough again to rejoin his class. We were having dinner and suddenly his nose started bleeding. It didn t last long (About 5 mins) but was quite severe while it lasted. He does get the occasional nose bleed (2-3 per year). He claims he is feeling fine apart from a numb sort of feeling where his head hit the concrete and a bit of a headache. His pupils react when I shine a light towards his eyes and he has no double vision or pain/ stiffness in his neck or nausia. Do I need to be concerned about the nose bleed and or concussion? Thanks!!
Asked On : Fri, 18 May 2012