Child having repeated vomiting, congestion, cough, stomach ache, fever, want to know dosage. Shall I give FLU relief or Junior Acetaminophen?

My 3 1/2 year old daughter ( about 30-34 lbs. ) has been feeling ill since the night before last. She woke up in the middle of the night/early morning vomiting , congested, coughing, stomach ache, and a fever. I gave her children s acetaminophen dissolving tabs (2) and she was able to fall asleep soon after. I gave her more (1 tab) yesterday afternoon when she woke up with a on/off again belly ache & started developing a fever again and she was able to get some rest again. She still got a belly ache on and off again but it seemed to be getting better and she was feeling sick less frequently. I gave her the last (2 tabs) we have at about 10am when her stomach hurt again & she developed another fever. She was ill on and off again today (belly ache, not eating much, wanting only water to drink, coughing a little with congestion and a slight runny nose , close to fever, tired, etc. similar to the afternoon before. This evening her father picked up more acetaminophen tabs because she s feeling sick again, feverish, tired, etc. even slightly getting a little worse again now (possibly because she hasn t had any medicine since early today). Well, her father got the wrong one & I need to know if there s any way she can even take this but i haven t been able to find out much. The medicine is equaline junior acetaminophen rapid tabs (6-12yrs) 160 mg. (Again she is 3 1/2 years old and weighs somewhere around 30-35 lbs. The Dosage Chart says Under 6yrs/48lbs - Ask A Doctor). We live out in the country & probably won t make it to a drug store until morning unless I have to take her the ER if she can t take the fever reducers we have. The only other thing I found is CVS Pharmacy Children s FLU RELIEF suspension Liquid . The Dosage Chart says (36-47 lbs / 4-5 yrs do not use unless directed by a doctor; under 36 lbs /under 4 do not use. Can she take either of these? if so, what dosage? if not, should i take her to the ER or try to comfort her until morning. Can you tell me what her symptoms sound like she may have and/or any recommendations of what to do for her, if i should take her to the doctor regardless tomorrow, or if there s any illness going around that could be more serious and I should take her to the ER tonight? Sorry for writing so much but I thought it was going away so I didn t call her doctor, and now she s sick again and I don t have the medicine to make her feel better or know what illness would make her fine/sick on and off again getting better and worse again. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Asked On : Sat, 17 Mar 2012