Child having red, itchy eyes with white discharge, occasional watering. Had taken antibiotics earlier for swelling with rash, white discharge. What is the cause of recurrence?

Dear, Doctors My 5 year old daughter has got red itchy eyes with a white discharge and sometimes they become watery. About 2 months ago her eyes were both swollen with some discharge and there was also some rash around them. Her doctor said it might be an allergy and prescribed antibiotics for her. I would appreciate it if you could give me an idea of what might be wrong with her. I m really worried. Thank you.
Asked On : Thu, 24 May 2012