Child having red bumps, white heads, dry skin blotches. Is it molluscom? How to treat it?

Hi, my daughter is 3. Will be 4 in September. For over two years now she s had red blotches, a mass amount of white heads and what appeared to be boils because they were blue/purple color and raised. These are all on her back side. We ve been to the pediatrician since it began and she states it s molluscom and will run its course. Well we thought we had it under control towards last years end and then this year it was gone, sometimes a few bumps here and there. Now she s covered again with the white heads and red bumps and dry skin blotches. My sister who s an NP states its still molluscum . They do not bother her and I have never attempted to touch them as my s/o has and that made her scream and cry. Of course it would that s painful. I am confused is this another outbreak of the virus? Or something new? My oldest had hoof and mouth at 2 and 3 and we dealt with it but this has me thrown. I don t want to have them removed for fear f pain and scarring. Any suggestions?? Is this truly molluscum? Thanks, Belles Mom
Asked On : Fri, 22 Jun 2012