Child having phimosis, prescribed HH sone ointment which is a carticosteroid. Is long term use safe?

Hello Doctor, My son is 5 yr 6 month old. He has phimosis . but does not have any problem in urination . I have consulted my pediatrician and he advised me to apply HH Sone ointment for 6 months on the foreskin of my son every day after bath. i need to apply this cream and have to do a mild massage on his foreskin. also doctor said 90% of this type of cases in Kids will get crued within say 5 to 6 months of applying HH sone and no need for circumcision . just in case if not then we need to go for circumcision. I read in internet that HH Sone is a carticosteriod. My worry is , is there any side effect of this cream (HH sone) to my son over a long run, if i apply it for a long period of 6 months. OR shall i get him circumcised now itself..? please advice.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Jun 2012