Child having persisting cough. Itching and bloody spot on the mouth roof. Is this something serious?

Hello, My 5.5 year old daughter has had a cough at night for the last two weeks. The roof of her mouth began to itch three days ago and now she has bloody spot on the back of her palette near her throat. I assumed she was just scratching it with her finger nail and making it bleed but want to know if I need to see her pediatrician . Just seeking your advice on whether there is a rare disease I m unaware of that makes seeing her doctor dire. Thank you for your time and knowledge. Sincerely, Susan Remmert
Asked On : Thu, 2 Aug 2012
Welcome to HCM.

As you have mentioned she has persistent cough and itching, i think it might be due to some allergy. It is very unlikely that she herself will be responsible for the ulcers in mouth. It need to examined for exact diagnosis.

it will be better if you see child specialist for examination and exact diagnosis.

Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.