Child having peeling skin on lips, white colour on lips. Has cold, runny nose. Matter of concern?

My 2 year old son has peeling skin on his lips , almost like the top layer is peeling outwards away from his mouth, it also has a white colouring to his lips. I have noticed him wiping his lips with his hands for the past few nights at bed time, just put it down to teething and the fact he has had a cold and runny nose this last week. Just wondering how worried I should be? I ll make an appointment to see my G.P, But should I take him to the walk in or something today? And is there anything I should put on them I would have at home? Thanks.
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013