Child having painful yellow, pus filled spot on foot with blood, had pricked with needle and poured peroxide, amoxicillin, tylenol given. Further treatment required?

my one year old has a little smooth yellow puss filled spot on his foot . he has red coming from it and i am afraid it is streaking. he ran around barefoot at his grandparents this past weekend so it had plenty of chances to get nasty in water. he crys when we touch it. what i have been doing so far today (which was the first time i knoticed the red on the side of his foot) first i scraped a needle around in the hole to clear out the yellow puss, then i pour peroxied on it, then i wipe it dry and apply neosporine and bandaid. do i need to take him to the doctor for antibiotics . i actually gave him 1 tsp of amoxicillan this morning, which i had left over from my other sons strep throat but i dont see that it has made improvement. i have also given him 1 tsp childrens tylenol for pain
Asked On : Sat, 19 May 2012