Child having painful sores in mouth, swollen tonsils with difficulty in eating. Diagnosed with hand, mouth and feet virus. Treatment suggestion?

My 3 year old daughter hs painful sores in her mouth and her tonsils are swollen red. She has a hard time eating or drinking anything. I met a doctor and as per him its Hand , mouth and feet virus. She is improving but she still gets up in the noght crying in pain. I saw her tonsils which were fine but I still can see red spots on her toungue and inside cheeks.
Asked On : Mon, 23 Jul 2012