Child having pain in lower abdomen, increases on putting pressure or strain

My 5 year old son has been complaining that his "hips" hurt, all day. When I further examined him this evening, his pain seemed to be from hip to hip, with a more localized area of pain below his belly button and above his genitals. No fever, vomitting, or diarrhea present. He does have a decreased appetite the last couple of days, but nothing I would consider out of the ordinary. My first thought was appendicitis, but the pain does not worsen upon release of pressure to his right lower abdomen. The pain does increase, however, when I add pressure to the area below his belly button. Should I be worried? He says it hurts when he tries to lay down. To me, it seems like he complains about it when there is any sort of strain to the lower abdomen. He had no pain when I made him cough, but he had pain when I asked him to lie back on his bed for me to check him out, and when I lifted him up earlier around his waist. I thought it might be gas, but he started complaining this morning before school, and while it doesn't seem to be worse, it isn't any better??? :/
Asked On : Sat, 12 Oct 2013