Child having nausea, chest pain. Diagnosed with costochondritis. On ibuprofen. Suggestions?

I m a school RN with a child returning for feeling like throwing up and chest pain. He has already been to his PMD and they dx d him with Costochondritis and recommended Ibuprofen around the clock. I m suspecting reflux and recommend that the parents call PMD and discuss further. I informed them that the Motrin/Ibuprofen would make his sx worse. Their pediatrician continues to reassure them that the EKG was normal and states to observe for the next several days. In the mean time, what would you recommend?
Asked On : Sun, 24 Feb 2013