Child having mucus in stools. What could it be?

My son has resently started toilet training and has been doing great. But the last couple of days he has been struggling to make it to the toilet in time. And I noticed when he wet himself before that there was a white stuff in his undies, also when he went to finish in the toilet white stuff came out first. What would it be?
Asked On : Sun, 22 Jul 2012

thanks for writing to health care magic

what is the age group of your child
in the initial phases of toilet training such scenario may occur

they fail some times ...... not to worry about it and put the child under stress for the same

encourage him that is all

is there any blood that is associated with the stool

if increased mucus is associated with blood or increased frequency of stool. may be a stool routine examination may be required

hope this helps

take care

2 users find this helpful

Pediatrician Dr. Synthyia Bhagat's  Response
Since toilet training is started recently,this behavior is normal.
Sometimes child takes few days to adjust to new routine.
In case there is mucus in stools .his stool needs to be examined.
Observe his activity,urine output,frequency of motions.feeding pattern.
In case you find any change get him evaluated by pediatrician.
Wishing your baby good health.
God bless.