Child having mucus in stool, frequent bowel movement. Giving gramogyl suspension. Is it ok?

Hi my 3 month old baby is passing mucous in her stools and had passed stools thrice today and day before yesterday it was four times, first loose golden yellow and then in the afternoon green , in the evening frothy and lastly at night slimy yellow. With the exception of yesterday when there was no stool at all. I consulted her pediatrician and he suggested gramogyl suspension 3ml twice a day. Can you please suggest if it is ok to give her the same as its written on the label that its carcinogenic.
Asked On : Mon, 4 Jun 2012