Child having lump on back, no pain. What might be the problem?

I have a 10 yr old daughter who has a lump on the left side of her back near her spine . I took her to fast track about 2 months ago and they said it was a muscle spams. But it s been 2 months and the lump has not went away. She says it does not hurt her and when I touch it feels like her back muscle is very tense. Can someone help explain what might be the problem?
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013
A lump in the back near the spine in a child can be due to a soft tissue swelling, an infection like abscess or a swelling related to the spine. This needs a direct examination for diagnosis.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal ,