Child having lump above knee. Ultrasound reveled Lipoma. Can a small baby develop lipoma?

Hi. I have a 11 month baby and he has a lump above his knee . It doesn t hurt him,there is no pain. We made an ultrasound , where the dr said it was a benign formation, and it doesn t look like something bad as something malign. She said that in her opinion it looked like a lipoma or cyst . We went to orthopedist( pediatric ) and after touching it , without seeing the ultrasound he said it was a lipoma. After that he took a look at the ultrasound and he saw that what he said it was also the other dr s opinion. Is it possible that a baby this age develop a lipoma? Why? His hemoleucograma( a complete one) was ok. Is there anything to worry about? Thank you
Asked On : Mon, 25 Jun 2012