Child having lower stomach pain. Intestinal flu? Gurgling noises in the stomach. Suggestions?

Hello, my child has been complaining with lower stomach pain for over a couple of weeks now. About a week ago she threw up and I thought it was just a bug but she was instantly fine and no others in close vicinity got ill. Since the weekend she has constantly complained of stomach pain. We went to a pediatrician today and he did a physical exam of her and he deducted that she probably has some kind of intestinal flu . There was no soreness when he pressed on her lower stomach which is where she has complained the pain is. I hear a lot of gurgling noises when I put my ear up to her tummy. She has gone to the bathroom about five times in the last hour and her last bowel movement (normal) was about an hour and a half ago but she still feels she has to go. Any suggestions?
Asked On : Mon, 20 Aug 2012