Child having low grade fever regularly, minor headache, stomach pain, lack of appetite, tiredness, eases with antibiotics. Normal chest x-ray, blood work showed low HB. Further tests required?

My son (age 9) has had a low grade fever ( 98.9-100.7) for the last 30 days. His normal temp is 98.7. He first started feeling poorly with a sinus infection( thick colored mucus and a minor cough/also red/white bumps around the tips of his nose which itched). He seems to feel better while on the antibiotics ( augmentin and then a adult zpak). The fever and symptoms subside while on the medicine but once off after about 5 days, they come back. Minor headache, minor stomach pain, lack of appetite . he s tired. He had complained of chest pains and they said they didn t hear anything and that it must be because of the coughing( he ins t coughing that hard or often). Just Wednesday- I had them do a chest x-ray and it came back normal. I also asked for blood work. They left a message late last night and said everything looked fine but his hemoglobin was low 11.2. To have him eat more red meat. My concern is when they ran the blood test it was the last day of his antibiotic( augmentin) so the medicine was still in his system. Would that skew the results at all? And, he is still running a fever. This is not his normal temperature and obviously something else is going on. Can low hemoglobin cause you to run a low grade temp? Suggestions on next steps?
Asked On : Wed, 18 Jul 2012