Child having low grade fever, loss of appetite and cough. Had surgery for leaking of pulmonary valve. Need to get checked now?

My 4 year old son has a low grade fever, loss of appetite and a cough . He was born with a host of congenital heart defects, and has undergone open heart surgery to correct them. He still has a moderate/severe leaking pulmonary valve and a restricted aortic arch. He has already had pneumonia twice this winter and is on puffers for the winter months. Is there any value in taking him to see his pediatrician? Usually I don t, then things progress and we end up at the hospital in the middle of the night. Just trying to avoid that, but what will his Dr be able to do at this stage?
Asked On : Wed, 13 Mar 2013