Child having low appetite, mild fever, tiredness. Father had tonsillitis. Has it passed on to the child?

Bit worried about my 2year old (3 in August), has been off her food all day, eaten very little. Has had a temp for a good part of the day. Haven t long put her to bed and she went down quite well, not as much fuss as usual. Seems pretty much normal in her self, was a bit tired earlier, bit more clingy, no congestion, diorreah, nothing.. weeing & pooing as normal. Chatting and paying normally. Back also feels a bit hotter then the rest of her to. Not sure wether to have a doc come out to her now or wait till morn and see how she is & keep eye on her and take her up hopsital (as docs shut) if need to? I am a bit of a worrier and she doesn t often get ill at all, just worried it could be something bad?? she has no rash or anything. Her Dad also got diagnosed on Monday with tonsilitus ( viral ) can this be passed on? should I be worried about this?? Thank you.
Asked On : Tue, 22 May 2012

Thanks for writing to health care magic.
Not to worry regarding your baby. Occasionally babies do not eat much and this may not be indicative of any thing.

We should not rely on skin touching for monitoring of temperature and should use a thermometer for the purpose. If our hands are cold we may feel the baby to be warm and if our hands are warm we may feel the bay to be cold.

Not to worry if the baby has one odd viral fever. This is how the baby grows up.

Hope this helps.