Child having loose motion. Cured with Prowell sachet. Should he continue medication?

My son is 3 years and 5 months old. Recently my local doctor prescribed Prowell Sachet for 14 days (two sachet daily), But taking it after one and half day my sons is OK now. The Loose motion has stopped. Should he continue taking the sachet for next 12 days. Is it a course that is required to complete, unless any harm may happen. Please guide me. Regards, Anindya
Asked On : Fri, 22 Mar 2013
thank you for your query.

Prowel sachet is not an anti biotic tohave any side effect and also i would suggest you to continue the satchet atleast for the next week as it contains pro-biotics and pre-biotics.both of which help in re-growth of the intestinal bacteria.these bacteria are very important in daily intestinal functioning and also in preventing future diarrhoea.

thank you,
wishing you good health