Child having lethargy, low grade temperature, rash around mouth, congestion, diagnosed to be viral. No improvement. Suggestion?

My two year old son is lethargic, running low grade temps (101.5), has a rash around his mouth, is congested (runny nose and occasional cough) and hasn t been eating or drinking much lately. I had him checked out at Urgent Care a few days ago and they said his ears had wax build up which I ve been treating with Debrox . I also took him to his pediatrician a week ago for the rash around his mouth and she prescribed Zovirax ointment, saying that the rash would go away when his cold did. She believes it s viral. My question is, should I just wait it out and try to keep the fluids in him? Or do I need to call the pediatrician again? He just doesn t seem to get better.
Asked On : Sun, 2 Dec 2012