Child having large spot at the bottom of his foot. No injury. Advice?

My 15 year old son has a large (approximately 2 inches square) brown spot on the bottom of his foot that he had not noticed before tonight. The coloration is consistent with no dark spots. A check of the shoes he wore today does not indicate any source of brown dye. The skin does not appear to be scaly or really any different from the surrounding skin with the exception of the dark brown discoloration. He is caucasion. He has expressed that there was some mild discomfort in the area earlier today, but nothing at this time. He has no recollection of any injury. Thoughts?
Asked On : Wed, 9 Oct 2013
Homeopath 's  Response
Hello friend,
Thank you for posting your query through Healthcare magic.
If you had sent a photograph it would have been more easy to make a diagnosis. From the description, I presume that he has a traumatic echymosis underneath the skin of the sole. This is a common phenomenon in some constitutions and the bloody exudation beneath the thick skin goes unnoticed usually. It does not hurt much and goes without being noticed.
It is nothing to be alarmed about and seldom gives any suffering. Let it be there without puncturing or trying to open the loose skin of the part of sole. The bloody exudate will get dried up and when it is completely dried, the superficial layer of skin at the site will get exfoliated and the layer of skin underneath will become automatically thicker.
His blood may be tested for bleeding time clotting time etc. to rule out any bleeding disease.
If any other systemic disease is diagnosed with him get back to me for Homoeopathic constitutional treatment.
With Best Wishes, Dr C. J. Varghese, Homoeopath, drcjvarghese@gmail.com,