Child having large lump on shaft of penis. Has been circumcised. Dr told infection from not cleaning properly, on paperwork cellulitis. Gave him bactrim. Worried, what it could be?

Hi. My son is 7 years old and last night after ball practice while taking a shower he found a rather large lump on the shaft of his penis , just below the head. He was cicumcised the day after his birth and has had no problems. He said it doesn t hurt him.. Just scares him. I took him to the local er last night and they say it s probably an infection from not cleaning properly but labeled on his paperwork cellulitis . I don t believe it is an infwction from not cleaning properly. They didn t touch it, run any tests, or anything. Just looked once. It is so swollen you can barely see his head. One side is hard and the other side is soft. They gave him bactrim . But this mom is worried and curious if you might have any ideas about what this could be.
Asked On : Sun, 24 Jun 2012