Child having itchy rash on back of arms spreading to chest, legs. Appears to be hives. Suggestions?

My 9 y/o son started with a bad cough and low-grade fever 6 days ago. His sister had the same symptoms the week before. I chalked it up to a virus and treated it symptomatically with Robitussin and Advil . Now his fever is mostly gone, but he has developed a fine, itchy rash starting on the backs of his arms and spreading to his chest, back and legs. If he scratches it, it takes on the appearance of hives .
Asked On : Tue, 26 Feb 2013