Child having intermittent squint, diagnosed with high power in eyes, reluctant to wearing spectacles. No improvement with protein rich foods, and other measures. Curable?

Hi Experts, My son has intermittent squint , we consulted the doctors, they diagnosized with number -2.5 in both the eyes, that is reason the intermittent squint appears it seems. I am very much upset, my son is just 1.8 months old. They gave spectacles to wear but my son just wore it and started threwing it away. he has all the normal activites he able to see all the minute things also. Last week again we have consulted the doctors, when I told them regarding not wearing of glass, they said your son might have slow vision developement. They asked us to give some protien related foods. I am trying all the things but then also intermittent squint still persists. My concern is wheather the intermittent squint is dissappear wheather my son has the normal vision? or wheather the numbers (-2.75) will go (slow vision) or wheather spectacles is only the soln. I am very much worried abt my son future. Please guide me
Asked On : Thu, 31 May 2012