Child having hypoxic ischaemic encephalopathy. Done with MRI. What does the report say?

Hi, This is our child having age of 3yrs 6 months. Here is the MRI : 1.The thalami,basal ganglia and internal capsules are normal on both sides. 2.Corpus callosum is normal. 3.The ventricles and sulci are normal for the age. 4.The Pituitary gland, infundibulum & hypothalamus are normal for the age. 5. No evidence of acute infarct, hemorrhage, mass lesion, arteriovenous malformations is seen. 6.Both cerebellar hemispheres & vermis appear normal. 7. The medulla pons & mid brain shows normal signals in all the sequences. 8. Both CP angles, VII/VII nerve complexes are normal. 9. The basal cisterns are normal. 10. Normal flow void is seen in the major dural venous sinuses and arteries. 11. The visualised paranasal sinuses and orbits are normal. 12. No evidence of Chiari malformation/basal invagination seen. IMPRESSION........... Leukomalacia in bilateral periventricular and centrum semiovale region s/o HYPOXIC -ISCHAEMIC ENCEPHALOPATHY.
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013