Child having hives on stomach, hands. Sensitive to scents or food allergies?

My son gets these red marks on his hands or arms that disappear usually within minutes. Sometimes he gets hives on his stomach and this is usually in the evening. I know the hives are an allergic reaction to something he s probably eating but haven t been able to pin anything down. The other day he came home from school and had all these red marks on his hands and within 10 minutes or so, they were mostly gone. He told me that a lot of boys at school are spraying themselves with Axe after gym class and the smell is so strong in the change room. Could he be sensitive to these scents? My daughter was born with many food allergies so it quite possible he has acquired allergies to certain foods. He has an appointment with an allergy specialist but it s still two months away. Last week his lips became swollen from eating an orange so I ve eliminated all citrus from his diet but this is the only definite allergen I ve been able to pinpoint. Any ideas what else could cause these red marks that quite often disappear shortly by themselves? Thank you
Asked On : Tue, 12 Mar 2013